PDA

View Full Version : Selection of files within a folder for find & replace

Owroph
10-20-2010, 12:19 AM
I have a folder of 400 songs that need the titles edited - eg remove track numbers etc
In order to speed up renaming(after "Apply") it would be very useful to rapidly select a subset of files within a folder (i.e. the ticked files ) without having to manually tick the individual files eg a group of files which start with a track number.
Find & replace can be a bit slow when it has to scan an entire folder for each "Apply"

Use of * and/or ? wildcard characters in the find/replace option would be useful as would an option to remove all leading numeric characters
thanks
Owroph

sc_support
10-20-2010, 01:24 AM
If the files are in any kind of order, you can select them all by clicking on the first one, then holding the shift key down and clicking on the last one you want. Then, right click on one of your highlighted files and click "check only the files highlighted". That should speed up your selecting of files immensely.

As for the find/replace, you could use regular expressions to do what you're looking for in regards to stripping all leading numeric characters. However, adding a built-in function would certainly be easier, and we will add that to our list of potential additions.

Thanks,

the support team

Owroph
10-20-2010, 02:50 AM
If only I had known that!!!

thanks
Owroph